After my success with the first Harry Potter costume, the six-year-old requested that I make his cosutme as well. Apparently it is really easy to forget how you did something after a few months.
Eventually, after studying the pictures in the previous post many times, I remembered what I had done to make the coat.
I dyed the muslin black and set to work making the coat.
I also had to find the original picture I had used for embroidering the crest.
It’s amazing how long it took to see the crest this time, considering I had done the last one in just one night. But I was in more of a time crunch last time.
I finished the crest and attached it about one week before Halloween.
Once again, I also made a scarf to go along with the jacket. But I got glasses from the costume store instead of having to make some from sunglasses.