Materials: Micron pen, marker, smooth Bristol 4×4 tile
I went very cliché this week on the “up” prompt and just made some balloons.
Materials: smooth Bristol 4×4 tile, marker, pigma micron pen
I watch small children for a living. All boys. So when I saw the “mischief” prompt, I immediately thought of them running off to a room and closing a door. Because, you know, that usually indicates mischief is going on behind there. The chaos around the door is supposed to be coming from behind it.
This week, I wanted to do something a little different. I wanted to make full mittens. But I wanted them to be a little less boring than plain old mittens.
I wanted to create texting mittens, but actually useful texting mittens. Most of the time you see ones where you can uncover your fingers, but the thumbs are completely covered.
I don’t know about you, but I tend to use my phone with just my thumbs. Takes me back to those days when we texted one handed under our desks without looking because we had all memorized the keys. You know, back when our phones had actual keyboards.
Anyway, I thought I’d solve that problem by making full mittens with open thumbtips. Just the very tips, so it still keeps your thumbs warm. I have to say, I really like the way it worked out. I think these may be the mittens of the future. 😛
These are currently available on my Etsy Shop, along with all the previous mitts and other things.
For week 4 of the mitts project, I found some bright Red Heart yarn I had left over from some other project I don’t exactly remember. I thought it would go good with some small cables on each side of the back of the hand. The kind of get lost in the colors, but it makes it look rather nice.
I managed to knit most of these while babysitting and watching a classic movie marathon on Netflix. Which was good, because I started them at the end of the week instead of the beginning.
As always, you can find these and others on my Etsy Shop.
Well, I kept my promise to myself to make a pair of mitts each week leading up to Christmas from Halloween (mostly). I just got lazy on writing about them. As I tend to do. So now I am going to catch myself up. This is my third week’s design:
I’ve called it the “Heart in Hand” mitt because there is a heart on each side of each hand. I wanted something simple but also decorative, so I just made up a heart pattern of purl stitches as I worked the hand.
As always, these are now available on my Etsy Shop.
I was requested to make Frankensteins for a preschool Halloween Party back in October:
My tiny helper assisted in making the green Rice Krispie treats, and then was disappointed he wasn’t going to get any. So I made a promise that we would make turkeys at Thanksgiving.
I went to the dollar store to find some decorations, though we had eyes and Rice Krispies left from the last ones. I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to find candy corn, so I was fully prepared to make feathers out of M&Ms. But at the register was the basket of Halloween candy marked down to 4 for $1. Perfect time to get some.
I added a dash of Nesquik into the marshmallows after they were melted so our turkeys would be brown, and we “glued” everything on with chocolate. We ran out of eyes about halfway through, so we used M&Ms instead. My helper even picked matching M&M eyes without me having to suggest it.
Materials: smooth Bristol ATC, marker, colored pencil
I started by making the water in the background using my markers and some colorless blender solution that I flicked at it with a paintbrush. Then I decided it needed some fish, so I drew them on top of the marker with my colored pencils.