Knit Cotton Tee Shirt – Finished!

This shirt started from a tutorial posted by Lauren of Motherofpurl1 on Instagram on how to do an I-cord cast on. I knew immediately I needed to make a shirt with one, and I had a good handful of this DMC Natura yarn left in my stash from a trip to France about 8 years ago.

I wasn’t sure about getting the collar over my head, so I decided to add a small keyhole opening to the back and left myself a long enough tail to crochet a small chain of a few stitches to act as a buttonhole. I even had a near-perfect match of a tiny button in my button bin. (And the opening ended up being completely unnecessary, but it’s cute)

I used each yarn until I ran out of what I had left, hence the uneven stripes. But I managed to have similar enough amounts to make it look like the stripes are intentionally large and small like that.

I ended the bottom and the sleeves with just some 2×2 ribbing and my usual bind off of Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off. Because of the natural yarn restrictions, I did the sleeve edges right after connecting the body at the underarm before using the rest of the pink yarn in the body.

I did very minimal shaping at the chest, just a few increases above and decreases below on the front, plus a few increases at the sides of the hips, but mainly the body is just plain stockinette after the raglan sleeves.

This was just a stash-busting project for myself and not an actual design, but it was a fun “mindless” knit between a bunch of design projects and a test project for another designer.


Find me on Ko-Fi, Instagram, Ribblr, Etsy, and Twitter.

This Week in WIPS

I sort of finished a few things this week, but nothing is completely finished and ready to be posted. So instead I am just going to show off the current works in progress I have been working on this week.

First up is this test project I’m working on which is a tee shirt made using Tunisian crochet. I’m really happy that I found this color way in Lion Brand Mandala Ombré yarn (because the color way is named Happy, which is only a pun that makes sense if you knew that ahead of time), and I can’t wait to finish and take pictures with my actual camera, because the iPhone camera does not do these colors justice.

I’ve also pulled out a really old, giant WIP. This is the Happy Little Stitch Along by Kari Warning of 8 Bit Stitch. Actually, it was a stitch along when I started. Now you can just get the pattern all in one. I lost my file I was keeping track on, so I just started from the opposite side on the full pattern and am just laying in the forest on the left side.

I’ve also finished the prototypes of part of a new pattern. I have one more prototype sock of a different version of this pattern, which I’ve started today, and then it’s on to math and sample knitting.

I’m also committed to posting progress photos each day in my WIP gallery on my Ko-fi page, and randomly on my Instagram (and Twitter because it auto-shares over there), if you want to see more regular updates since I’m only posting here once a week.


Find me on Ko-Fi, Instagram, Ribblr, Etsy, and Twitter.