Finished Object – Overleaf Cardigan

This past week I have had a bit of a project tunnel vision in order to make this Overleaf cardigan by Taiga Hilliard in time for it to be shipped off in time for mother’s day.

I was approached by the owner of a local yarn shop to take over a project she had intended to finish for her mother for Mother’s Day (which was yesterday in the US, for anyone reading from elsewhere). So I solely focused on it any time I had, leading to no progress pictures because I wanted to get it done as quickly as possible and did not take the time to pause and take progress pics.
This is the size XL, made on size 6 needles to the gauge called for in the pattern. I used three full balls of the Mary Gavin Yarns Pepino in the color Frolic, and this yarn was a dream to work with. I jumped right in and didn’t bother to look at the yarn tags until I was almost done with ball 2 and nowhere near done with the sweater, and I didn’t realize it was a linen yarn until I read that. Turns out the third ball had jumped out of the bag before I picked it up and was found, so all was good and the project got finished.

We even found the adorable wooden buttons to go along with it, and I think they went just perfectly.


Find me on Ko-Fi, Instagram, Ribblr, Etsy, and Twitter.

Finished Object – X Marks the Spot and Going on a Treasure Hunt

Recently I was able to make a sample of the X Marks the Spot Shawl for The Altered Stitch for the LA Yarn Crawl. I used Tosh Merino Light by Madeline Tosh, starting with Jade and Candlewickheld together as colors A and B.

Velma’s Sweater was color C, and it started giving me awesome 70s vibes. Probably appropriate given the name of the color.

Around this point is where I was able to somewhat memorize the lace portion of the pattern so I was able to work on it while helping with homework.

It also got too long for the section of the table I started on when I added in a pink-toned one of a kind color as color D.

With a red-toned OOAK as color E, the nearly finished shawl was almost as long as the table.

I finished the full shawl in 9 days, and then made a 60% width sample of the short version of the Going on a Treasure Hunt crocheted shawl, moving the colors around a bit to accommodate what I had left of each color. For reference, the colors are OOAK Pink as color A, OOAK Red as color B, Velma’s Sweater as color C (with a small bit of OOAK Pink at the very end of the third section), Jade as color D, and Candlewick as color E.

Final weights:

X Marks the Spot – (On US 10.5 knitting needles)

Jade – 34 grams

Candlewick – 69 grams

Velma’s Sweater – 61 grams

OOAK Pink – 62 grams

OOAK Red – 31 grams

Going on a Treasure Hunt – (On size I crochet hook)

OOAK Red – 44 grams

OOAK Pink – 22 grams

Velma’s Sweater – 39 grams

Candlewick – 23 grams

Jade – 43 grams

I really enjoyed working with this yarn, so much so that I’ve already bought a couple more skeins to work a new shawl pattern I’m developing.


Find me on Ko-Fi, Instagram, Ribblr, Etsy, and Twitter.

Finished Object – Flirt Skirt

I had some Lion Brand Mandala Yarn that I bought as an option for my Tunisian Tee test project that I decided to turn into a skirt. So I poked around on LoveCrafts and found the Flirt Skirt by Claire Jackson.

Turns out the colors matched my computer, and once I was into the body of the skirt it made a great shoulder warmer when I forgot my jacket at baseball practice.

Details:

Size: 36 inch waist, worked as written

Yarn: Lion Brand Mandala in Spirit, two balls alternated each row, 210 grams

This is a great “mindless” project once you get past the waistband and set up your markers for the increase rows. Definitely recommend this for a nice spring skirt. I have worn it several times already since I finished it.