Experiments With Fabric Paint

As I explained Tuesday, I have a lot of birthday gifts to get made and I am doing test runs of the things I want to do. And today’s thing is spray-painting with fabric paint. I started by making a masking template out of contact paper.

Unfortunately, I only have clear contact paper. Makes it a little more difficult to see the positioning as the pieces are placed, but it worked out pretty well.

The only other problem is that I didn’t consider the contrast. So some of the lower letters get lost.

I think I’m going to try outlining the letters with my sharpies. If that doesn’t work, I’ll fill them in with black or white. Either way, I found out that, as long as I remember to press it down completely, the contact paper works. And that was what I wanted to find out.

Advertisements

Share Your Thoughts:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s